Friday, December 1, 2017

Pixel Scrapper December 2017 Blog Train - Home For The Holidays

I guess everyone has their own sense of what "Home for the Holidays" means.  I haven't had that feeling in such a long time.  Things changed once we moved to Florida.  I don't know if it is the warm weather or the fact that most of the family that made it feel like "Home" are now gone.  I remember growing up, we would decorate the house from top to bottom and it was a 3 story house (4 if you include a full basement).  We always had the biggest tree we could find. We don't have that down here.  I did my best when my boys were growing up but it just didn't feel the same....for me.  We would spend days baking cookies and go to parties that our parents would drag us to...we grumbled about it but always ended up having a great time and never ready to go home.  I would love to be able to turn back time.

I bake now but for the most part, I do it by myself.  I think I touched on this subject in my previous post...how the cookies never last a day and I have to bake more.  I don't mind since it's a once a year thing.  It's just too hot down here to do any type of baking any other time of the year.  We really won't see much cold weather until mid to late January and February.  It's great but at Christmas, the cold weather makes it feel more like home.  My sisters and I would put on our snowsuits and grab our sleds and go down the "mountains" (really it was just a hill at the park, lol).  We loved it so much, we would have icicles in our hair and we would be so cold but never wanted to stop.

Needless to say...for some reason, all of that fun was so complicated to put into design so this is what I came up with.  I hope you like it.  Enjoy.

***Don't forget to stop by Pixel Scrapper for all of the contributions to this great blog train.***


Sorry, this download is no longer available

Here are a few journal cards I made, they are 3.5 x 5 inches. 
Just click on the image and right click-save as...








21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful kit. Love the little snowmen! I hear you about traditions, and things not being the same. I'm from Northern Ontario in Canada, and when I lived in Florida for awhile, I missed the seasons. Everyone thought I was crazy! Thank you for sharing your story, and thank you for your beautiful kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your great kit. I especially like the little snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little snowmen are the cutest ever! Thank you so much love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Большое спасибо за прекрасный набор и карточки!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for your lovely portion of this blog train !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I love your kit, and the Journal Cards too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I love these.The blue journal cards with the trees are my favorites in the extra cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love this one! TY ever so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic kit and cards thanks so very much

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful kit. I've always thought I'd want to live somewhere warm, but you've made me give that a second thought. I think I would miss the seasons too. I used to live in NY and now live in VA and I haven't seen a white Christmas since I've been here(15 yrs), but I still get cold weather and the autumn is the best here. Hope you have a Merry Christmas despite not having the cool weather!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for sharing this cute kit!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much! Love the beautiful kit, and the lovely journal cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Almost the end of the year…how quickly time goes by….

    I’ve been following your blog, I love your digital art and the freebies you share! Love your cute little snowmen and gingerbreadmen.

    I’m busy finishing my project 365 layouts (as you can see on our blog: http://www.tristanvanschie.blogspot.com) to make a yearly photobook. It really has been a busy year because our son Tristan has started High School, so a lot of homework and a lot to plan….. and not enough time to scrap!

    December is a busy month with all the fantastic blogtrains, adventcalendars and christmas freebies.I'm not only a digital scrapper but I also love freebies.
    I’ve made a pinterest page with a collection of freebies I find in digiland.
    https://nl.pinterest.com/clautje/lots-of-digital-freebies/

    Happy Holidays and a Happy scrapping/designing New Year.

    Love from Holland,

    Claudia
    http://www.tristanvanschie.blogspot.com (to see our christmas card!)
    http://www.pinterest.com/clautje (PSE-tutorials and freebies)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This kit has the cutest papers! Love how you incorporated all the colors! Thank you kindly and blessings to you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad your contribution to the Dec. blog train is still available, thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much! Such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete